Operational Assessment & Valuation Opinion
An Opinion of Value Report (OVR) is
- a process and set of procedures used to estimate the economic value of a business.
- It may consider not only the financial factors relating to value but the market conditions that affect a specific industry and location, as well as current economic conditions that affect financing and growth.
- Used for informational and planning purposes over the lifespan of the company and the individuals with ownership equity in the company.
- Not a substitute for a thorough and comprehensive Full Business valuation.
- It differs from a Full Business Valuation compiled by a Qualified Business Appraiser in that it
- Uses fewer methods for valuing a business
- Uses industry – specific norms
- Is less comprehensive,
- Is smaller in size, and
- Therefore, less expensive in nature.
Because of it’s low cost (updates as low as $1,000) it can be affordably updated periodically
An Operational Assessment
- Is an analytical analysis
- Compares the subject firm with like firms
- Recasts financial information into Generally Accepted Industry – Specific Format
- Enables owners and managers to quickly identify areas of focus for improvement
- Identifies and develops meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Serves as the basis for planning and forecasting
- Is best performed by experts in a given industry who can
- Identify areas for improvement
- Make recommendations
- Provide resources for implementation
My fee: $3,000
When You Need It
- Build Value
- Selling a funeral home
- Buying a funeral home
- Operational improvement
- Strategic Planning
- “What – If” Modeling
- Succession Planning
- Uncontested disputes